Issues with adding bootstrap to Angular seed

Hello all,

I’m using this library with angular 11, and will be using bootstrap framework. I have successfully added multiple custom bootstrap renderers. Once I tried to edit (add a button) to the app.component.html file I suddenly get this error:
‘jsonforms’ is not a known element:

1. If ‘jsonforms’ is an Angular component, then verify that it is part of this module.
  2. To allow any element add ‘NO_ERRORS_SCHEMA’ to the ‘@NgModule.schemas’ of this component.ngtsc(-998001).
    So I cloned the seed again, added my bootstrap dependencies and then it worked as expected ( the demo form was rendered). I tried to add something to the .html file and again was facing the same error. Has anyone else ever faced similar issues? I’m also having major difficulties adding this library to our current angular 11 project. Is bootstrap and this library not compatible?

Thanks

Hi @Jayrack813,

When developing a Bootstrap based renderer set I would probably start from scratch without the “Angular Material” renderers to avoid any interference.

In general, @jsonforms/core and @jsonforms/angular are completely agnostic, so I don’t see any conceptual problems in using Bootstrap. I’m just not sure whether there could be problems when mixing it with @jsonforms/angular-material.

Which versions of JSON Forms are you developing against? Note that we already updated to Angular 12 in the @next stream (i.e. the 3.0 alpha/beta releases), so there you might face problems with Angular 11.