Hidden data is not removed from redux store

Hi JSONForms community

Im debugging a form of ours that consists of multiple sections. Most of these section starts with a simple yes/no question think of like a toggle button(standard_main_question in the schema below).
The state of the toggle(true or false) is used to show additional questions using the Rules API as written in the docs.

However if I choose to toggle yes and answer those questions but then decide to toggle no.
Those hidden questions(standard_main_question_additional_question_1 and standard_main_question_additional_question_2) are still being submitted to the backend and they still remain inside the redux store even though they are now hidden due to I changed my toggle to no.
I did go through the list of issues on Github and found something related(I think).

I know it can be hard without the actual schema but I can post this here as well. Whats the best way to do so? A gist or directly in the spectrum?

Schema:

{
“type”: “VerticalLayout”,
“elements”: [
{
“type”: “Section”,
“label”: “TITLE_HERE”,
“description”: “”,
{
“type”: “ToggleControl”,
“scope”: “#/properties/standard/properties/standard_main_question”
},
{
“type”: “Group”,
{
“type”: “Control”,
“scope”: “#/properties/standard/properties/standard_main_question_additional_question_1”,
“options”: {
“multi”: true
}
},
{
“type”: “Control”,
“scope”: “#/properties/standard/properties/standard_main_question_additional_question_2”
}
],
“rule”: {
“effect”: “SHOW”,
“condition”: {
“scope”: “#/properties/standard/properties/standard_main_question”,
“schema”: {
“const”: true
}
}
}
}
]
}

[original thread by Steffen Thomsen]

Hi @steffen25(steffen25), we don’t remove data by design, we just show or hide the controls. Usually the experience is not that great when the user enters some data, triggers a hide rule (for example by clicking a check box), then untriggers it (unchecking the checkbox) and now has to reenter all of their data again.

Usually I recommend just removing the unwanted data before further processing it, e.g. before sending it to a REST endpoint.

Of course you can still achieve this effect if you want to:

• Register a custom renderer for the control which effectively hides/unhides the other controls. There not only set your own data but also remove the data you don’t want to keep, or

• Register a middleware which listens to these specific data changes you are interested in and also removes the data you don’t want to keep