First time setup issue

Hello All, I am new to json forms and trying to do initial setup. I have downloaded Jsonforms-master and performed the steps as given but the npm run build is throwing errors. The following is the error I am getting each time I try to build it. Any suggestions on how to resolve it.

lerna notice cli v3.22.1
lerna info Executing command in 9 packages: “npm run build”
lerna ERR! npm run build exited 1 in ‘@jsonforms/core’
lerna ERR! npm run build stdout:

lerna ERR! npm run build stderr:
‘…’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! @jsonforms/core@2.4.1-alpha.0 build: …/…/node_modules/.bin/tsc
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the @jsonforms/core@2.4.1-alpha.0 build script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

lerna ERR! npm run build exited 1 in ‘@jsonforms/core’
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! jsonforms-monorepo@ build: lerna run build && lerna run doc
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the jsonforms-monorepo@ build script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

[original thread by Narayan2627]

[Roberto Polli]

Did you try to run GitHub - eclipsesource/jsonforms-react-seed: React-based JSON Forms Seed App ← this app?

Hi @narayan2627, the jsonforms repository is for developing on JSON Forms itself. Using npm ci && npm run init && npm run build should do the trick. Maybe you need to switch to a more recent node to build successfully.

When you only want to consume JSON Forms then you can follow this tutorial

[Narayan2627]

HI @sdirix I have already followed the same steps but still not able to build it. My node version is v12.18.0 and npm version is 6.14.4. Please suggest me if I am doing anything wrong here. And let me know if there is any specific version that I need to use for node.

[Narayan2627]

Hi @ioggstream I am successfully able to run the seed app but I am trying to build and develop the Jsonforms itself.

[Narayan2627]

Found out that the latest code is using node.js version 9.11.2 and npm version 6.4.1. I tried using the same and performed npm ci && npm run init && npm run build. Still I see the same error that I mentioned in the post. Got stuck and I am at dead end. Looking for a solution to this.

@narayan2627 Are you on Mac/Linux? Sadly our build setup doesn’t work on Windows, see #752. You could locally edit all the unix-style paths to Windows ones, however I don’t know whether that is enough to get the build running.

[Narayan2627]

@sdirix Unfortunately I am on Windows 10. I will look into the link and see to fix it. Thanks for the Input.