Rules to trigger filtering of other form components

I’m building a custom renderer for internal use - so i have full access to implement any custom logic there.

However, I do not seem to find any info or examples on how to configure UISchema/schema to trigger filtering of another component on value change.

For example, having two dropdowns where you may select Country in the first one and then a City.
The City should be able to filter the data according to the Country selection.

This is a common use case for forms.

But I only see effects for show/hide/enable/disable.
Is there another option I could use to pass/emit a value to the target component?
An Effect called “FILTER” has the value condition constant.

Assuming you have no control over the input schemas or output emitted data - so the data keys, element names, layout, combinations can be anything.
So I cannot hardcode “data.property” into the component either. I do not know what that property is in data.

Hi! Use cases like this are usually best solved via custom renderers. So for example your city renderer could also react to changes to the country property and then only offer filtered results accordingly.

If you have this use case more than once you could also generalize such a renderer and make it configurable via the UI Schema.

Assuming you have no control over the input schemas or output emitted data - so the data keys, element names, layout, combinations can be anything.
So I cannot hardcode “data.property” into the component either. I do not know what that property is in data.

In some way there must be a relationship somewhere, e.g. certain data structures, or string naming conventions etc. otherwise you could not apply any filter on your value. Whatever the relationship is, you can either hard code it in your renderer or make it configurable via the UI Schema.